Sunday, May 01, 2005

Someone broke my VS.IDE !

Have absolutely no idea how I managed it, but all of a sudden Visual Studio 2003 thought all my projects were Windows Applications. The .csproj files were still fine. When the solution loaded a shed load of errors like

"Load of property 'AllowUnsafeBlocks' failed."
"Load of property 'ApplicationIcon' failed."
"Load of property 'AssemblyKeyContainerName' failed."

and so on appear in the Task List.

I eventually found a solution on a SAP forum (I have never had SAP installed on this, or any other, PC) - re-register the C# project DLL

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\vcpackages\csproj.dll"

regasm "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\VSLangProj.dll"

devenv /resetskippkgs


Thanks SAP. Hope this guy worked it out too...

Popular Posts